Membership of the DPG
What’s so unique about DPG for its members?
Our monthly magazine "Physik Journal"
- Get informed about the current progress in DPG and in physics by 11 issues a year sent by post either to your home or office address
- While travelling read selected articles online: to use this free service register with your membership number at www.physik-journal.de
Participation in DPG's subdivisions: www.dpg-organisation.de
- Homepages of Working Groups and Sections at "Gliederung" (topical structure)
Transfer of knowledge and further training: www.dpg-tagungen.de
- 3 - 4 spring conferences with various application areas; DPG members can contribute with a talk or poster; grants for travel costs within the scope of the "WEH"-support programme (please note preconditions!)
- Scientific events at the Physikzentrum Bad Honnef (www.pbh.de) and at the Magnus-Haus Berlin (www.magnus-haus-berlin.de)
- Further training measures for teachers at the Physikzentrum Bad Honnef
- Support programme "Physics for pupils"
Current information and public relations:
- Physics and physics studies advertising with effective public events
- Press releases at www.dpg-physik.de/presse
- Access to „Interner Bereich“ (internal domain) of the DPG webpage
Physicists of commerce and industry: www.eintagvorort.de
- Programme "Ein Tag vor Ort" of the DPG working group "Industry and Business" (AIW): visit of industrial laboratories. Target group: interested research and teaching physicists, physics teachers and particularly physics students and graduates.
Job service: www.dpg-physik.de/servie
- List of job applicants:
As DPG member you advertise your application for a position for free being published in the Physik Journal and at the DPG homepage.
- Internship market:
Gain your own experience at an internship in future employment areas. This is the right place for everybody who wants to gather hands-on experience in companies.
Membership without risks: you can cancel the membership anytime during the year (until 30 November) being in effect with the beginning of the subsequent year.